Elementary School Hebrew Teacher
The Seattle Jewish Community School (SJCS) welcomes applications for a full-time or part-time Hebrew Teaching position, beginning in the 2023-2024 school year. The full-time position would involve teaching two sections in a grade 1-2 multi-age cohort, two sections in a grade 3-4 multi-age cohort, and one section in grade 5, along with other work promoting Hebrew language at the school. A part-time position, without teaching in grades 1-2, could also be an option.
The school seek candidates with experience teaching in elementary school, along with a demonstrable passion both for the Hebrew language and for working with young children. Qualified candidates will be skilled educators, adept at teaching Hebrew as a second language, who bring thoughtful knowledge of Israeli and American culture to their work. This position calls for an engaging teacher who can differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all learners, create meaningful learning experiences for children, and maintain a cooperative and effective working relationship with colleagues. The position provides an opportunity to shape the Hebrew program in a warm, pluralistic, and inclusive communal context, in partnership with dedicated colleagues, supportive parents, and delightful children.
· Bachelor’s or post-Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, with teaching credentials from an accredited institution preferred (whether these come from the US, Israel, or another country)
· Fluency in Hebrew
· Experience in teaching the Hebrew language, with experience in elementary contexts preferred
· Experience with Hebrew curricula
· Strong oral, written, and non-verbal communication skills, nurtured by curiosity and conviction
· Passionate commitment to children and to their learning and growth
· Sustained commitment to the practices of self-reflection, collegiality, and professionalism
· An explorer’s mentality with appreciation for the values and practices of flexibility, experimentation, reconsideration, and good humor
· Readiness to make mistakes and learn from them along with others who do the same
SJCS seeks teachers, in all disciplines, who have strong classroom management skills, effective and tactful communication skills, familiarity with educational technology, good organizational abilities, and deep commitment to collaborating with colleagues and contributing to the collegiality of the educational team. The position offers competitive pay and full benefits.
Interested, qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and write Hebrew Teacher in the Subject Line.
SJCS is committed to an inclusive, welcoming community, where all are treated with respect. SJCS provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws relating to equal employment and non-discrimination. SJCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, age, disability, or sexual orientation. In the event that an otherwise qualified employee has a physical or mental hardship covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act and needs an accommodation to overcome that hardship, SJCS will make any reasonable accommodation that will not cause an undue hardship for the school.