Director of Admissions & Marketing
The Seattle Jewish Community School (SJCS) is an independent, inclusive Jewish day school that educates students from kindergarten through 5th grade. Located in Seattle, Washington’s Green Lake neighborhood, SJCS integrates academics, Jewish values and traditions, social-emotional learning, and specialty subjects. The school supports and nurtures each child’s intellectual, creative, social-emotional, and spiritual growth. It celebrates the joys of learning and community while preparing students to influence their world for the good.
SJCS seeks a Director of Admissions and Marketing (DA&M) to join the school’s administrative team. Reporting to the Head of School, the successful candidate will be highly organized and able to engage new prospective families effectively and walk them through the admissions process. Additionally, the DA&M will manage SJCS’s social media and all communications to current and prospective SJCS families, alumni families, and community members, ensuring that messaging is consistent and organized. While intended as a full-time position, the school will also consider a part-time alternative focused primarily on the Admissions part of this position. The SJCS professional environment is highly collaborative and seeks a team member who enjoys partnering internally with colleagues, faculty and administrators, as well as externally with lay leaders, donors, parents, grandparents, and alumni to support SJCS’s growth.
Admissions Process Management: This DA&M will lead the annual admissions process by fielding inquiries, leading and building relationships with prospective families, managing communications throughout the admissions process, and reviewing applications. Additionally, they will manage initial steps and communication in the re-enrollment process to ensure retention of current families.
Recruiter-in-Chief: The DA&M will serve as SJCS liaison to the Greater Seattle community including the independent school community and Jewish community, partnering with the Samis Foundation, synagogues and other Jewish agencies/organizations as well as feeder schools, NWAIS, and other local independent school forums, to promote robust recruitment.
New Family Engagement: The DA&M will execute a new family engagement program to welcome and orient new families joining SJCS at all grade levels through targeted communications, events, an ambassador program and creation of a welcome packet once admitted to the school.
Parent Association Partnership: The DA&M works in conjunction with the Parent Association leadership to strategize and coordinate calendars, communication plans and engagement activities for the parent body including current and new families.
Event Management: The DA&M works with other team members on event planning and logistics, event marketing and promotion, day-of coordination for all events related to fundraising, donor appreciation, cultivation, alumni, admissions, etc.
Constituent Group Outreach and Engagement: The DA&M oversees strategy and coordinates the external communications to the SJCS parent community, SJCS alumni community, Greater Seattle community and prospective parents to ensure that information is conveyed clearly, the school's identity is relayed properly and its branding is highlighted throughout communications, on its website and on social media.
Website/Social Media Content Creation and Maintenance: The DA&M creates content for SJCS website and ensures that the site is kept up to date; develops a social media marketing plan to promote the school's mission, reinforce school admissions activities and development initiatives.
· A Bachelor’s or post-Bachelor’s degree
· A minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in admissions, communications, or marketing, preferably in a school or non-profit environment
· Experience in website content development and maintenance to ensure consistency of brand, story, aesthetic, and voice
· Ability to manage presence on social media networking sites as well as to produce and curate content for all social media platforms
· Readiness to work with Director of Development to create compelling collateral materials that support the school’s marketing, enrollment, and fundraising goals
· Experience in planning and managing messaging for school and community events including promotion, invitation, registration site and follow-up communications
· Strong oral, written, and non-verbal communication skills, nurtured by curiosity and conviction
· Strong organizational skills with comfort managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines
· Proactive and self-driven work style
· Goal- and data-driven orientations, with clear follow-through
· Strong independent decision-making skills
· Proficiency with Microsoft and Google Suite and nonprofit CRMs
· Understanding of Jewish values, with a passion for SJCS’s mission
· Sustained commitment to the practices of self-reflection, collegiality, and professionalism
· An explorer’s mentality with appreciation for the values and practices of flexibility, experimentation, reconsideration, and good humor
· Readiness to make mistakes and learn from them along with others who do the same
Salary Range: Full-time Salary range between $65,000 - $105,000 based on experience.
Interested, qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and write Director of Admissions and Marketing in the Subject Line.
SJCS is committed to an inclusive, welcoming community, where all are treated with respect. SJCS provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws relating to equal employment and non-discrimination. SJCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, age, disability, or sexual orientation. In the event that an otherwise qualified employee has a physical or mental hardship covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act and needs an accommodation to overcome that hardship, SJCS will make any reasonable accommodation that will not cause an undue hardship for the school.