SJCS has current openings for Associate Teachers. This position is full time with hours from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday through Friday.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the classroom lead teacher
- Helping develop lesson plans
- Teaching class groups as determined with lead teacher
- Interacting with parents as pre-determined with lead teacher
- Participating in CSTs, conferences, and teaching partner meetings as warranted
- Stepping in to teach the entire class when lead teacher is absent
- Assisting and attending to students as required, inclusive of recess at Green Lake
- Preparing and organize classroom materials
- Maintaining and upkeep of classroom throughout the school day (set-up, clean-up, special projects, bulletin boards, etc.)
- Checking homework and grading work as assigned by lead teacher
- Accompany class on field trips as required
- Maintaining confidentiality on- and off-site
- Modeling positive language and a sense of calm at all times
- Certified Pre-K -3, K-5 or K-8 teaching certificate
- Flexibility, problem-solving skills and patience
- Passion for teaching children
- Knowledge of current technology platforms including MS Office Suite and Google Suite
- One year experience student teaching
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Responsive classroom, Wired for Reading, Everyday Math knowledge a plus
This position offers competitive pay and full benefits, inclusive of medical, long term disability, retirement plan and professional development.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open until filled.