Elementary School Judaic Studies Teacher
SJCS has a part-time opening for a Judaic Studies Teacher for the 2021-22 school year.
While SJCS is unaffiliated with any specific Jewish movement, the ideal candidate will possess extensive and layered knowledge of Judaism, including Torah, Jewish values and texts, traditions, prayers and teachings. This position requires a teacher who can differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all learners, create meaningful learning experiences for children and maintain cooperative and effective working relations with colleagues.
Ideal candidates will possess a Bachelor's or post-Bachelor's degree in a related field and have at least two years of teaching experience in elementary school. A teaching certificate is preferred, as is strong knowledge of Hebrew. Additional requirements include excellent classroom management skills, exceptional teamwork, strong and tactful communications skills, superior levels of organization, and strong technology skills. This position offers competitive pay and full benefits.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and write Judaics Teacher in the subject line.
SJCS has a current opening for a Part Time PE Specialist. This position is a 0.25 FTE that can be augmented with additional employment as an Instructor in our after-school enrichment program.
PE Specialist Duties Include:
- Mapping PE curriculum for the year based on best practice standards
- Connecting the PE program to recess expectations
- Documenting and tracking the progress of each child
- Completing report cards and comments 2 times per year (March and June)
- Communicating directly with each teacher via e-mail and face-to-face conversations
- Communicating directly with parents via e-mail and face-to-face conversations
- Transitioning students back to class calmly
- Maintaining equipment and being responsible for ordering needed equipment within school budget
- Engaging, with, leading sports games and supervising students during recess and ensuring the safety, security and wellbeing in accordance with Responsive Classroom practices
Qualified candidates must have at least two years of experience teaching or coaching elementary school-aged children. They must be passionate about working with children, and be flexible, organized, responsible and highly attentive with excellent communication skills. Candidates with teaching certificates or pursuing teaching certificates are preferred.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com
SJCS has a current opening for a Part Time Music Specialist. This position is a 0.20 FTE that can be augmented with additional employment as an Instructor in our after-school enrichment program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement common music curriculum.
- Establish culture for learning, providing clear communication with students and engaging students in learning
- Differentiate individual student learning needs and develop strategies to address those needs.
- Foster and manage a safe, positive learning environment through creating an environment of respect and rapport, managing classroom procedures, student behavior and organizing a safe physical space for student learning.
- Communicate and collaborate with colleagues, parents and the school community through effective and ongoing communication.
- Attend or participate in all required staff meetings and other activities deemed necessary by the Head of School, in order to accomplish the objectives of the position and for professional development.
Education and Experience:
While a WA state certification with a music endorsement is preferred but not required, qualified candidates will be able to demonstrate ability and knowledge of classroom management, delivery of music instruction including, but not limited to singing, movement, Orff instruments, music notation etc.
Qualified candidates should send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.